Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm A Stalker

I've seen a particular pilot in local the last few nights. I don't want to mention his name but let's just say he is in the top 20 on BC, this week he has 100 kills in 3 days time almost all of which are solo, and is a sneaky bastard. Even catching him on d-scan is hard, he flies a cloaky Tengu generally. Basically the only time you actually see him is when he's shooting you or someone else in the face.

On the second night of seeing him in local getting kills while I was sitting around twisting my nut-sack, I decided to grab a cloaky and keep an eye out for him. Maybe learn a trick or two, maybe steal a BM for later use, just gather some info on his style really.

So here is some of what I gathered:
1) He likes to sit cloaked on the stations with short undocks. It's a damn effective technique.
2) He generally doesn't leave wrecks or corpses sitting there if he plans on being there for a while.
3) He seems to change his position frequently.
4) He cycles thru systems, kinda like a roam but not really. More like a patrol.
5) He is an opportunist in every sense of the word. Every conceivable kind of target is on the menu for him. Noobs, haulers, pirates, pvp'ers, any type of player or ship will do.

You might be thinking, "Hey, I do those things!". Trust me, you don't do them like this chap does. It was impressive to watch because it was all standard stuff, just done with a sort of precision that you don't see often. I wouldn't say I learned much, but what I will say is that I see why it's good to be precise. If anything, I felt a little more motivated to step my game up. That was the real value in watching this guy fly. Not to learn new stuff, but to see the old stuff done right.

I had a short convo with this fellow in local last night. Real nice guy. I'll leave you with the words he signed off to me with... "Solo is an art-form!"

No comments:

Post a Comment