Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birth Of A New Corp

It was time for a change. Monsters had been my home for 8 fun months this time around but life with that corp had gotten stale. Also, there was a mass exodus of players from that corp underway and to be honest I just didn't have it in me to stick around and help rebuild it, AGAIN. If I'm going to do that it might as well be a true restart. I think Marc and Ocha felt sort of the same. I know they had their own additional reasons for wanting out of Monsters and I'm sure it was a painful decision for all of us. We had all put time and effort into Monsters, especially Ocha, and in Marc's case, even real life dollars with the website and Mumble. I know I certainly share some of blame for why things had gotten to the point they had with Monsters and I feel bad for leaving to a certain degree. But not that bad, the corporation is old, I mean really old for eve-online and it will go on with or without me. It was there before I started playing the game, and, it'll probably be around for a lot longer.

And so it was done, our roles as directors dropped the night before, Marc and I hopped into an alt corp quickly to grab some jump clones. Then Marc created the new corporation, Sinners., a fine name for a pirate corp. After some struggling with a ticker it was done and Ocha and I put in our applications, Marc quickly accepted, and our new venture was born.

Our plans to recruit some of the others were thwarted by Reno and Epic JK who had formed their own new corporation and taken a large block of the active players. In all honesty those guys were always their own little clique within Monsters. Ocha and Marc liked those guys, me, I would like to have continued flying with a few of them, the rest I could do without. Tek was one guy we really wanted and luckily Epic and Reno had missed out on him giving us the opportunity to court him a bit.

I've got high hopes for Sinners. I'd like to see us become a respected pirate corporation. I know it's going to take effort and I'm ok with that. I trust in Marc and Ocha to do what's needed too. Our growth will be slow and that's by design. We've got stricter recruiting policies than Monsters had. Pilot's need to fly with us a bit before they can join and they need a minimum of 5 solo kills in that time to show us their talents and willingness to get into fights without a blob to save their asses. Another thing we've decided to do is focus more on ransoms and making isk from our kills where possible.There's no reason not to try and ransom some of the pilots we run into and the three of us were really good at it when we first got back to Monsters nearly a year ago, it's just something we had fallen away from. Mainly from being in gangs where either everyone wanted to whore on a kill or people foolishly insta-popped ships without giving us time to ask for a ransom. In any case, I'm really excited to be doing something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment