Friday, January 21, 2011

Death By Boredom Is Far Less Painful Than Death By Bad Decisions

After the fiasco with the latest patch where my accounts were frozen for 2 days, I finally get back online and in my ship last night. I was excited and ready to get into some fights! When I logged on I noticed there was only one other person in local but, hey, this is Auro after all and some traffic should roll thru sooner or later. Man was I wrong. It was freaking dead all night, nothing in Auro, Dant, Mara, even going down the pipe it was dead. It was ridiculous. The slowest night I have ever seen there. Here I am drunk and ready to scrap and no one is around.

The old Professor Terror would have gotten desperate at this point. I would have been tempted to do something stupid. I've never been one to handle boredom well and when I'm drinking it's even worse. I tend to make bad decisions to put it mildly. But I'm trying to play smarter now and not lose ships to stupidity. So I took the "high-road" and called it quits for the night. I feel like that was the best decision and I know I was right because I'm not seeing a retarded loss from myself on the killboard this morning. I know some of you would read this and think this is a stupid post but there is an important lesson here. It's exactly as the title reads... DEATH BY BOREDOM IS FAR LESS PAINFUL THAN DEATH BY BAD DECISIONS! So the next time your sitting around with no traffic in low-sec, just remember, don't be the old Professor Terror and go out damn near suiciding the next thing that jumps thru a gate.

4 comments:

  1. Well at least the lack of marks gave you some time to talk with a good friend =-)

    Aemilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get my shit working...sooon

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way hello aemilia its capt. and also terror your main pic i just noticed the tic-tac-toe in the corner of the top right and it totally ruins the picture now for me it was so much better without that. however the more i think about it, the more messed up it may be because who really plays tic-tac-toe in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol posted under the wrong account

    ReplyDelete