Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm A Gate Camping Bastard

Call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for the camp! Don't get me wrong... I love roams, and I love 1v1's, I like hunting missioners, and I like slipping into a wormhole and slitting the throats of those rich bastard carebears. But something about pulling out the Phobos and dropping the infinity point on a Raven with a full rack of warp stabs in the lows, ruining that bitches day, really excites me. Add to that the fact that you can camp no matter how drunk you are and I'm almost always flying faded. Some of the best hate mail I have ever gotten has come from silly 'bears jumping into low-sec without scouting first. Hell, some of the funniest shit I've ever heard on comms has come during camps.

Here's the problem though, gate camping isn't pvp. It's ganking. Any drunken asshole can do it. I want to step up my pvp game in a major way which means I've got to get off the gates and hunt. I've got to strap on smaller, cheaper ships and get into some scraps more than just once in a while... I need to be out scanning and hunting, challenging myself daily. I'm not a bad pvp'er but I've got holes in my game that desperately need plugging. There's no blogs you can read, no forums, no youtube vids, no podcasts, no other way to learn this shit then to put your guns in another pilots face and demand his cash.

My plan for the next few weeks is to get out of the gate-camp-groove that I've been in for far too long and get in some real fights. Luckily I've got guys to fly with like Marc Scaurus around who love jumping in a Rifter and heading out looking for trouble no matter how far it leads them. I'm getting kinda psyched up about breaking out of the mold I've cast myself into. A re-invention so to speak. I plan to post about the experiences I have as I go along, both good and bad, and hopefully I learn something while I'm out there. Wish me luck, or, tell me to fuck off, either way look out because you might have me in a Rifter in your system sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment